1979 Honda CB750K

Chat, share photographs and information about Classic Motorcycles

1979 Honda CB750K

Postby siddo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi all. New to the forum and very glad to be here.

Any views on the above bike. There's one for sale in my area and i'm keen to have a look - i have ABSOLUTELY no idea of what to look out for though ie what would be the big red sign ito mechanical soundness. I can get it for R7000 - not sure of this is a good price but the chap seems negotiable. The idea is that this will be a long term project bike...thinking of a cafe racer conversion. any and all thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

ps

my last bike was way back in '92 so i'm a real newb.

Cheers
Craig
siddo

Re: 1979 Honda CB750K

Postby siddo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Folks,

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks
siddo

Postby Jaws » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Craig,

What area are you?

Depending on where you are there may be a local club that you can join and get to know some chaps who will be able to advise about the various aspects of restoration.

There are lots of questions but it depends ultimately on what you wish to achieve. Either way I would tackle it properly and do a thorough restoration - either to mod it as a period cafe racer or to "factory original" - this will pay off if you ever want to sell it.

My old man always said if a job is worth doing then do it properly!

Don't be in a hurry and don't skimp. Do things correctly as time and funds permit and eventually you will have a bike that will be reliable and you are proud of.

Go slowly, be methodical and ask questions when in doubt.

Good luck!

Cheers
Jaws
Jaws
Site Admin

Postby siddo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Jaws appreciate the input. i'll certainly follow your advice and take things really slowly, i have no choice really as funds and time are always an issue.

I am in PE.

Cheers
Craig
siddo

Postby Jaws » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi Craig,

I run two websites for clubs in PE

Eastern Province Veteran Car Club www.epvcc.co.za

I have just gone live with a website for Kickstart Club in PE www.kickstartclub.co.za

The site needs lots of contents but is up so that the Committee and members can see it and provide content/input.

If you have the Honda already then send some pics of it and some brief text that can be put on the "Our Bikes" page. You will have to join the club.

Then keep supplying regular updates with pics and text.

The contacts list on the website is not complete/accurate. However send an e-mail to info@kickstartclub.co.za and I will forward you the e-mails for two of the guys I am in contact with.

Chow for now

Jaws
Jaws
Site Admin

Return to Classic Motorcycles